Sexuality education covers a variety of subjects: knowledge of the body, body image, gender stereotypes, romantic feelings. The program focuses on increasing our understanding of this integral part of the human experience. It centers on relationships, emotional and physical well-being and respect.
The program enables students to:
- Gain a better understanding of themselves
- Establish emotional relationships that promote self-respect and respect for others
- Develop a sense of responsibility, critical thinking skills, and good judgment
How we can help
We can provide support by:
- Selecting age-appropriate and quality teaching materials that meet curriculum objectives
- Providing support to teachers to align their approach with the MEQ’s approach
- Helping teachers reflect on their practice and make adjustments
- Handling sensitive topics, issues and concerns
- Connecting with third party organizations and community stakeholders
Visit https://sexualityedu.swlsb.ca/ where you will find pedagogical guides, recommended videos, and links to external websites to help you understand the mandatory content.